Now that the major project at work is nearing a close, I can focus my efforts fully back onto Shadowdawn: Genesis. I’ve got a lot of work to do both in programming and fundamental game design, but the task list I have is pretty much the entire game now. Though I will probably have to add a few additions to the engine for the boss fights, since the current scripts may not handle their design (I won’t know until I get there).
I will be redrawing Arashi’s sprites, but now that I have the process down it won’t be so bad. I needed to adjust a part of her outfit that wasn’t quite working for me.
Upcoming additions to the engine:
- Checking equipped special item for passive effects (regeneration, area scanning, etc)
- Aura meter buildup (still need to playtest which method to increase the meter is most balanced) and the aura trigger button. Aura is the measure of focus and used for special abilities/technomancy spells.
- Changing armor and improved damage calculations.
- “Combo” attacks
- Fixes/adjustments to attack and defense timers. Currently there is a bug where if Arashi drops her guard and immediately puts it back up, she’ll move cautiously but defense won’t be active and she’ll take full damage from attacks.
- Slash/block/smack animations when attacks land